BELT PRESS WITH BUILT IN THICKENER VX - IZA
To thicken the sludge before its entering into the belt press, it is possible to use the belt press with built in thickener. It is designated for cases with input dry matter volume lower than circa 1%.
- noticeably reduced hydraulic load of the press, because the sludge is thickened to
4 – 8% and only then enters into the gravitation sector,
- the sludge passes from the thickener into the press gravitationally – without necessity of a sludge pump and of an indicator for measuring the amount of the thickened sludge,
- only one unit for flocculant preparation VX - FZ is sufficient for both units (before the thickener),
- there is no necessity of the second flocculant dosage before entering into the press (floccules are not destroyed when sludge passes from the thickener into the press and the draining process can continue with original flocculant dose) – siginificant flocculant savings
- special construction of the belt press with included supporting surfaces for the thickener, which reduces demands for the total required area (but it is necessary to provide sufficient room height for sludge draining),
- eliminated pipe connection length between unit components.